twitter




Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Screen Refresh Rate Question...?

To start I%26#039;m sorry for the noob question but...



I recently purchased a Toshiba Satellite X205-S9359. I%26#039;ve enjoyed it for the month I%26#039;ve had it however I%26#039;ve discovered a problem. The screen%26#039;s refresh rate is currently limited to 59 hertz. Many games on the market require at least 60 hertz to play. There are no other options available to switch it higher and the Toshiba web site does not have an updated driver for the NVIDIA庐 GeForce庐 8700M GT card.



My question specifically is: Is the refresh rate limited to the laptop%26#039;s screen hardware or is it controlled by the driver written for the video card? .... or both?



Thanks in advance...



Screen Refresh Rate Question...?

I doubt that your monitor is really running at 59hz even though it is saying that. Most likely is that it is incorrectly saying 59hz when it is really running at 60hz.



On LCD monitors the refresh rate is always 60hz. You cannot go higher or lower as the monitor will not allow it. To go higher than 60hz you would have to use a NON LCD monitor (aka CRT monitor).



You can call Toshiba to ask why it is saying 59hz instead of 60hz, but I assure you that it is running at 60hz as it does with all LCD monitors on all of the personal computers throughout the world.



Screen Refresh Rate Question...?

Refresh rate really onlly refers to CRT monitors. Laptops use LCDs which dont%26#039; have a refresh rate. Yes, I know, the driver talks about one - it%26#039;s interpolated.



Now... are you saying the games refuse to run or are you making assumptions?

No comments:

Post a Comment