twitter




Wednesday, October 28, 2009

When reimbursing using the standard milage rate can you reimburse gas too?

I know the IRS standard milage rate is 48.5 cents per mile for 2007. What I%26#039;m wondering is if I can also reimburse the cost of gas in addition to paying the standard milage rate. E.g, someone drives 100 miles in their own vehicle and spends $22 for gas. Can I reimburse them for the miles in addition to the $22 for gas or does using the standard milage rate not allow this? I read somewhere that gas was not deductible when using the standard milage rate but I was uncertain about the source. If you have a definitive answer I would like to hear it. Thanks.



When reimbursing using the standard milage rate can you reimburse gas too?

No you cannot.



The standard milage rate of $0.485 includes all operating costs including gasoline.



You can either use the standard deduction which is generous and easy; or you can detail all of your costs, spend hours doing so, and save little if any money.

No comments:

Post a Comment