twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

Twin growth rate in third trimester?

So from what I understand the growth rate for twins slows down in the third trimester compared to singleton babies. So about how much weight a week will twins gain in the third trimester? My doctor said that I should expect to have 7+lb babies. When I had my last ultrasound at 33 weeks they were 5lbs 6oz and 5lbs 12oz. I would love for them to be 7+lbs! The healthier the better!! But I was searching for twin growth rate and couldnt find anything. Does anyone know what a twin is expected to gain in the last few weeks?



Twin growth rate in third trimester?

Well, the normal rate for singleton is about 1/2 a lb per week the in last month or so of pregnancy so... slower than that. How much slower, I don%26#039;t know...



My twins were born at 33 1/2 weeks weighing 5 1/2 lbs and 4 1/2 lbs. THey were quite healthy and didn%26#039;t need to be incubated and no need for feeding tubes. They only spent 10 days in the NICU.



You are so much further along then I was. If you clear 38 weeks, I doubt your babies would even need to go to the NICU.



If I were to guess, I would say your babies will be close to 7 lbs on the lower end.



GOod luck!



Twin growth rate in third trimester?

first of all congrats on the twins.. a twin blessing ..... and congrats on ur babies being over 5lb that is already healthy weight for twins at this time ..... ur babies will prob grow till round 6 lbs tho because they have litlle space now especially at 33 weeks .. good luck x

No comments:

Post a Comment